Part 5: WeMo, Presence Detection and Wyze Cam
Picked up a few Wyze Cams and Belkin WeMo’s to setup a security system at home. The logic will be as follows:
- When I leave, the WeMo Plugs turn on and the security cameras are turned on and start recording.
- When I come home, the WeMo Plugs turn off and power is cut from the security cameras.
A few things needs to be done…
- The WeMo plugs are automatically detected by HassIO.
- Presence detection on when I’m home is a bit trickier. I will try a few methods to get this at 100%.
My device detection of choice is to use a Bayesian Binary Sensor which puts a weighted probability on the different methods I end up using for location tracking.
- HomeKit Method – https://community.home-assistant.io/t/homekit-as-a-presence-sensor/50370
- Installed the Homebridge Hass.IO add-on – refer to the following for configuration details: https://github.com/nfarina/homebridge
- Currently just testing this first sensor addition. Depending on up and downtime. I will
Also ran into a weird bug where my Samba Share was not showing up in my Network drives – had to use the following path to get there: \\hassio.local
Was also drafting a blog post about Nest. This ended up being easier than I thought: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/nest/ My worry was that port forwarding would give me issue but I worked with my ISP to get this opened up.