Part 1: Home Assistant Reboot V2
I decided to do a complete reboot of my home automation system. The idea is to install the hass.io image and completely restart from scratch.
Taking notes along the way so I remember the modifications I have done.
- First step is making a complete backup of the old home assistant configuration. For windows I used the following image writer tool:
- Backup of a 128 gig microSD card took about an hour. In the mean time, I scanned in my home blueprint layout and worked on physically identifying the hardware I’m working with.
- Used iPad Pro 12.9 with Apple Pencil and Paper by FiftyThree App.
- Used Scannable App on iPhone X to scan in and cut the blue print of my Condo.
- Flashed the microSD card clean using the diskpart, list disk, select disk, clean cmd.
- Downloaded hass.io and installed it via Etcher.
- As Home Assistant downloads… time to start thinking of the automation ideas.
- Watch cat do yoga.