Part 3: Customizations (Theme, Harmony Hub, Spotify)
Working through more updates on Hass.IO.
- Added a Dark Theme.
- Playing with Harmony Hub and had to re-add my SharpTV. Realized I needed to turn off all CEC functionality to properly allow Harmony to turn on and off each individual hardware.
- Incorporate Harmony Hub into Hass.IO.
- Realized a file is created in Hass.IO called “harmony_harmony_hub.conf” this includes all the details of what I need to incorporate into Hass.IO for the switches, commands, and automatinos. Since I had to change some of the harmony additions, I had to delete this file and restart Home Assistant to get the file to refresh.
- Followed this basic switch creation process: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/need-help-with-logitech-harmony-setup/25446/9
- Adding Harmony Hub to FrontEnd
- Using RiseUp’s post as a guide: https://community.home-assistant.io/t/i-dont-understand-the-harmony-docs/16917/6
- Spotify Integration
- Ran into trouble authenticating with Spotify API servers… had to add a backslash to make it work.
- Followed this guide to setup playlists in Home Assistant.
- Note to self “Input_Slider” component was changed to “Input_Number.”
- Added a shuffle component to the script.
- – service: media_player.shuffle_set data: entity_id: media_player.spotify shuffle: ‘true’
- Only issue is I can’t figure out how to get the podcast functionality to work.
- Final Update – Realized the this component addition is broken where the source audio is not being remembered. There is no way to cast music to an idle spotify to get this triggered. I have turned off the playlist functionality until this can be fixed.